sábado, 8 de dezembro de 2012

Patch Day: Retribution

Patch day is always a thrill.

Not only EVE is about to get juicy changes, but we're always eager to find out what CCP broke or even if you going to be able to log in!

Fortunatly I was able to log in, only to find out that my corp mate, SG1 had already built a couple of new dessys. The Dragoon was the 1st one to come out of the oven, so took it for a spin. 3 Small neuts and couple more mods that I can't even properly remember and let'se see what comes from the gates.


Not long after a Darkside harpy comes to the gate. We both jump at same time, and not wanting to loose my new toy on the 1st day I call for backup. If I went down, he would to too.

The Harpy decloaks 1km away from me! Right within his scram/web/optimal range. I could not be on worse situation... All I can do is neut him, send my drones and hope for the best. The neuts saved me, because when I hit 50% structure, all the electronic notifications disapear and damage stops. Neverthless I capped myself out too, so I just warp off, still in panic. My corp mates  arrive pretty much at same time and finish him off. This was the1st kill A4D had with a new dessy involved

As a result I figured out that the Dragoon probably needed more tank and a way to not cap itself so fast. Back to the EFT thingie. More on that someday in the future.

A few minutes after, a corp mate on a Argos went Doril to mess with AAA and got himself a solo Blackbird (don't ask...). It was the 1st solo kill on A4D with a new dessy.  



Rest of day consisted in shooting ourselfs in the face with T1 Cruisers all day, completly ignoring any potential prey passing around. That and reffiting new/old ships, like wondering what to do with those neuts on the Hurricanes. Still I did not wanted to go to bed without a kill, and I went roaming nearby on a Harpy. I ended up on HJ-BCH, where I learned new Red Alliance pets moved in!

Oh Joy!

Ok, so there I am on my Harpy and they form up a Enyo, Daredevil, Hurricane, Cynabal, Rapier, Onyx, Dominix and a couple Drakes, in less than 5 minutes. On a normal day I'd try to split the Enyo or Daredevil to try get a solo kill, but being short on time did not had the chance for a 30 minutes Benny Hill chase, so I went the easy road.

I called in reinforcements.

We rounded up 2 Vexors a Fleet Stabber, a Drake and a Sentinel. On the way to back me up my corp mates actually met a Talos that wanted to kite them, but one of the Vexors managed to put a Scram on him. My backup had not even reached destination and had already scored a nice kill!


Moving on, my fleet got on gate ready. All I had to do was warp to the gate where my fleet was, and go for tackle on the Cynabal. Fortunatly it had no Neuts (and I had no Nosf) so managed to hold it and just brace for impact. At this point they had something like 1 Hurricane and 2 Drakes on the field, along with a Rapier.
As secondary points on the Cynabal were called, I went for tackle on the Rapier too. Tracking Disrupters from the Sentinel made sure our fleet survived the high DPS from  the Cane. With the 2 highest value ships killed, we went for the BCs afterwards, killing them all.

1minute later they arrive on the gate with 1 Dominix and 4 Hurricanes. They wanted payback and had organized themselves. Right now was too much heat for us so we returned home, but unfortunatly our Fleet Stabber was a bit off the gate and got picked by them with no chance to run. This called for a Round 2. 


Round 2

It's not everyday we got agressive carebears around. Since was patch day we sorted up some Armor T1 Cruisers. For the Round 2 we sorted up 4 Vexors, 2 Ruptures, 1 Maller, 1 Omen and I was itchy to fly the new Exequor myself!

After some messy comms (all ships were fitted in less than 10 minutes), we were back in their doorstep in no time. They also wanted a fight, because within 1 minute after jumping a bait fleet (like 4 guys), they were warping on top of us. Their initial fleet was composed of 1 Drake, 1 Ferox, 3 Hurricanes and 1 Incursus. A while after a Falcon joined them.

The engagement was just a big brawl, but the new Exequror proved to be up to the task and prevented anyone on our gang to die, allowing our gang to kill most of them. I have to work on the fit because I allowed to cap myself out, and I was lucky because it took them too long to realize how good the new "T1 logi" can be.



Also the video from the Exequror point of view


Couple hours later some of our mates retuned, but all they got was a solo Geddon ratting. No fight this time, only a gank, thus ending "Patch day".



New T1 Cruisers, we hail thee!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário