domingo, 3 de fevereiro de 2013

Lunch break story – The whoring Master!



I trully dislike the new Cormorant slot layout, but I still got 2 on my hangar, so I take 1 out to blow it.

On RMOC I spoted a Gorgon Empire gang of 15+ 3 Cynabals, some T1 Cruisers, Tackle and 1 Scythe. Good... I might snatch some tackle off this gang. They are all at 0km on the Hemin gate, and since it’s a regional gate, I decide to take a peek on other side. I don’t like engaging without intel on my serroundings, and I doubt they’ll catch me on such a big gate.
As I jump in I see a Solar Fleet Machariel and a Darkspawn Tengu about 300km off the gate. I warp to a ping near the gate, grab some popcorns and wait... The Machariel is not warping off, so he either does not knows about 15+ Gorgon Empire in RMOC, or wants to play the “I’m a Hero!” card.
He was playing the “I’m a Hero!” card...
 
About 2 minutes after, the Gorgon Empire gang jumps and warps near the Machariel. Mach starts kitting at 2500m/s and the chase is on! I was a bit far away, but I could see the “Warp Scramble” notifications and soon after frigs start to pop and ships start warping off. The Machariel and the Tengu were putting up some damage but the Gorgon empire Cynabals were still on top of the Machariel. He was not gonna kill, outrun or tank 3 Cynabals, I activate my warp drive on a wreck nearby, and run as fast as I can to whore the Machariel! At 30km range I shoot at him once (he was already entering hull) and it’s time to bail out! He pops a few seconds later. 


Still lunch break is not over yet, and Gorgon Empire is retuning home, trought K-QWHE. It’s time to catch me a fat boy. Unfortunatly no one in corp is alive so I just grab a Sabre on Rtb and return home system with Pleniers on my Cormorant, hoping for a juicy pod. Can’t really mess with that gang head on solo. (If only I had a Machariel on my hangar!)
An important factor is that my mates have set up a drag bubble on the CL- gate, the same gate Gorgon fleet  is going to.  This factor helped me a lot even though indirectly. Once I reach CL gate I see a Gorgon Purifier and Eyno 0km on the CL- Gate. The main Gorgon fleet is not yet on scan, so Hell, I’ll go for them! I bubble up and agress the Purifier with my Sabre forcing him out. Enyo decides to take me on.
At the same time, the Gorgon feet lands 300km off the gate! This is why the drag bubble from the previous night was an importante factor. Even though their scout reported the bubble, it still gave me precious time to kill the Enyo away from his fleet.
Once the Enyo died was GTFO time. I still have to burn 20km through my own bubble, and even though I’m overloading the MWD on both ships, the Cormorant proves too slow to evade the fleet swooping down on me. I save the Sabre but lose the Cormorant.



In retrospective... I was quite dumb to put the bubble up... What was I even thinking off?!!? I knew they were on my tail!! Oh well... On the funny side, I ended up killing the Scout an not a “Fat Boy”.
40minutes of gameplay, 1 Machariel whoring, 1 Enyo kill, 1 Cormorant loss.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário