domingo, 3 de fevereiro de 2013

Being on the wrong end of T1 Cruisers.


I love the new T1 Cruisers. I actually loved the old ones too really. Still it’s trully impressive on how we fall into the mistakes we see other people do against us.
This particular time I spot a gate camp on Hemin, RMOC gate. Tactical Narcotics Team has rape caged the gate with 10 or so bubbles. Ship types were 4 Moas, 1 Cane, 1 Drake, 1 Slasher
No one is alive on my corp, so I go in solo on my Talos for some kitting action. I don’t  do so well... I don’t die, but a conga line of Moas chasing me is a pain because I cannot commit to a target. Once a Moa got half shields it turned back, only to have Moa n.º 2 continue the chase. Once I got Moa n.º 2 down to 50% he also turned back and Moa n.º 3 continued the chase... Not only that the Osprey could rep them, but I could not hit the Osprey myself decently.

 
 It's the Moa conga line! Everyone onboard!|
I decided to bail before I made a dumb mistake and wait a bit. Soon enough 3 more guys from my corp log in. With a grand total of 4 guys we mesure our options. We formed a fleet with 1 Cane, 1 Double Rep Hyperion, 1 Dominix and 1 Falcon.
The plan: Jamm the Osprey, Hurricane, Drake and some Moas, kill them all.
I jump in the Hyperion, and they quicly agress. My backup quickly jumps in and the Hurricane is called primary. Our Falcon also calls succesfull jamms on the Hurricane, Drake, Osprey and a Moa.

Unfortunatly, even though all is going according to plan, I have big problems keeping myself alive... I soon realize I’m gonna go down. Still too much heat on the field for my dual rep hyperion to hold. Even more, our hurricane is jammed by ECM drones and I am myself jammed by ecm drones too, reducing us to 1 operational damage ship. We manage to get the TNT Hurricane down, but I die before a single Moa dies. After me, our own Hurricane is tackled and blown apart. The “Bail out” command is given, saving the Dominix and Falcon from the fire. 

 

We underestimated T1 cruisers too much, and found ouselves in the same position our prey makes upon seeing us on those “crappy ships”. In retrospective, we should have gone on 4 high DPS kitting BCs, like Talos, Oracle and Tornados, but the oportunity to use our Battleships mislead me, sealing my fate.
Waiting for more guys to log in and try again later (our morale was kinda broken),  I actually returned to play with them, but this time my target was the slasher. I already knew there was nothing more I could kill solo...
I brought in the Coercer, and managed to drag him to a station at range, where I played the “Come at me bro!”card. He quickly died, but reshiped immediatly into... another Slasher. He ignored my Coercer (good call) and went to hug the gate with his mates. I would not manage to bait him anymore with the Coercer... So I reshiped!

The second time I brought the Algos. The plan: Jump in, get the drones on the Slasher, burn away from the Moa gang. And so I did. Once I jumped, I  carefully decided where to align, overload the 1st MWD cycle, targeted the Slasher, send in my drone slaves. He eventually tackled me, but at that time was 70+ km from the Moas and more importantly, 70+km from the Osprey. Here is the KM.
Soon after they retract the bubbles and log out... There would be no revenge match for now. One day maybe...



On a final note, I won't be eager to get into another BS soon...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário