domingo, 3 de fevereiro de 2013

Lunch Break Story – 2 Dessys down



What are “Lunch Break” stories exactly? Well I actually have about 40minutes of gameplay avaliable during my lunch break, between 13h00 to 13h40 Eve time (Winter Schedule).
What is the point of these “Lunch Break” stories? To show that you can have (sometimes) some fast, instant-PVP (we’re talking about EVE here so 30minutes is pretty “instant”), near downtime, on Curse. I’m sure this will apply to other regions too.

Lunch Break Story – 2 Dessys down.

I undock on a Dragoon to go look for something. This has actually been the destroyer I’ve flown less successfully with no impressive kills on it. People seem to fear neuts more than guns.


 

I find a Condor on Doril. He quickly long points me and starts shooting me at 25km. Auch! Not much damage is incoming, but I can’t catch him. I should have jumped out because I was not agressed, but I give the 25% MWD speed a chance. I launch my Warriors. I know he can easily bail out, because I have no scram on him and he’s moving about 4000m/s but if I shove him away I’ll consider myself happy. As my drones get on him, he starts to go down, but then something I should already be expecting happens...
3 Damn Warriors start “lagging” behing, so instead of 5 drones on him, he suddenly has only 2. 10 seconds later the drones wake up and go for it again, only to have 4 drones falling asleep and lagging behind AGAIN about 10 seconds after.

Chase a Condor? Nã.... Let's take a nap!

 It seems the MWD bonus ain’t all that usefull if drones just shut the MWD off in mid pursuit. The Condor never fell bellow 50% shields and I died on the gate.


This naturally asks for a round 2.
I bring out my trusty Coercer of Doom. Still this time I really did not had the same confindence. That guy had been shooting me at 25km (more or less), outside fallout for the Coercer (23km) but nevertheless the Coercer was the best option I had on my hangar, so I went for it.
 
This time I found him on Jorund and we immediatly engaged. My fears became real... I could not hit him decently too, even though I tried to shake him and break his orbit. I just did not made enough damage... 

As I was going down and trying to shake the Condor into my optimal, a arbitrator jumps in and get’s his drones into me (no his drones did not “lagged” behind like mine a few moments ago). Due to the interference of the Arbitrator, it’s unsure to say I could not have turned  the way around the fight. I made it tons of times, but it was surely not going my way.


Still, 40 minutes of gameplay, 2 engagements, 2 losses and a slap on my ego.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário