sexta-feira, 1 de setembro de 2017

Engagement Report 19 –Hull Myrmidon/Hull Brutix




One of these days I had an intense roam with 4 different engagements. I don’t usually have so many fights in a row, nor so strong feelings towards EVE (yes I got pissed!)

This day I actually took out a variation from my usual setup and brought a Hull Myrmidon as Scout/Tank and the usual DPS Brutix. I wanted to see how I’d be able to control a  Drone Boat and a Gun Boat at same time, and evaluate the advantage of having a Cap Booster in the Myrmidon. Like I said several times, I hate the lack of Cap Injection in my Brutix Setup.

In the pipe that goes to HED-GP I jumped into a Stiletto and Hyena. Holding my cloak I looked at local and these guys had around 10 in local, but I bet some of them would not be active. At the same time I’d spam D-Scan to take notice of ships moving around me. A Svipul lands on a ping, then a cormorant, then another Svipul, then a couple more small ships. I have their attention. Also, the system I came from was completely empty, so these guys had no eyes either, hence being careful on pings. 

I decloak and burn back to gate. I see a new Cynabal on D-Scan, but it never really arrives on gate, so my conclusion is that the Cynabal went to a POS nearby. They probably want to use it as a “surprise element” against bigger targets, probably as myself. I wait a bit more.

Eventually a Cormorant gets bold, warps down to 20km away from me and shoots me. I just needed a proper reason to engage some of these little ships, hoping for the Cynabal to come provide backup. I burn at the Cormorant and kill it. In the meantime all those small ships warp down on me and shoot me too. As I enter structure the Cynabal lands close by, within my scram range, and does not tries to get away from me. I Scram/Web the Cynabal and bring in my Brutix. Cynabal melts and I proceed to also kill an Hyena that got too close. Rest of the gang warps off and they talk that my bait structure tank did managed to trick them.

I continue my pilgrimage to HED-GP, repair in the “Freeport” station (you have to pay, but its better than making 3 jumps out to repair) and notice my mate Madmatt is in local. We try to kill some random travellers with no luck and managed to avoid an Initiative gang.

Eventually we got the attention of the local Russian crowd and begin being stalked by a Tengu, a Talos and a Link Tengu. I don’t like to engage T3 Cruisers, let alone with links on their side, but Madmad was in a Hull Navy Brutix, so we sorted a plan: Drag them into next system, where they had no links, catch the Talos, swarm the Tengu with ECM drones and then try bring him down. At this point they knew I had 2 BCs so there was no surprise element on my part.

We were actually somewhat surprised they followed us into the next system where they had no links for now, so now we just needed to catch the Talos! This is when all started to go downhill… Both me and Madmatt failed to catch the Talos, as he was still faster than us and kept always his distance. If it was hard to catch him without links, once they brought them in, it was completely impossible. We stopped the chase, but this had already also led to having the 3 ships in my fleet quite separated from each other.

Ok, not too worried about it, but It’s time to bail out. Tengu was Scramming and Webbing my Myrmidon within 10km from the gate, but shooting him would be pretty much pointless. I have no doubts it would be more than ready to tank 3 Brutix for long enough to deaggress and jump out, considering we were pretty close to the gate. I spit out my ECM drones from both my ships and put them onto the Tengu. Once I got a Jamm I tried to warp off the Myrmidon, but he’s being somewhat bumped by the Tengu and unable to properly align out… When I least expect it the Tengu regains lock on my Myrmidon and scrams it again! How did I mess that one?! Not only that, both Tengu and Talos are focusing DPS onto my ECM drones and killing them fast! Before I notice it all my ECM drones are pretty much dead, and I’m left without any options so save my Myrmidon. It dies.

This loss annoyed me for sure due to another factor. During that jamm cycle on the Tengu I could have MJD away, and then focus on warping off. The Tengu bumping the Myrmidon would not interfere with the MJD as it did interfere with warping out. I ask Madmatt on his Navy Brutix to get safe and I prepare to jump out my Brutix once its deaggressed.

Completely unexpectedly on my part, the Tengu is able to bump my Brutix out of the gate a whole 15km! W……T……..F……. Seriously?!? I try to slowboat to the gate, but he manages a 2nd bump on my Brutix and now I’m 20km away from the gate! ARE YA FREAKING KIDDING ME?! I was caught completely off guard, I have no options to bail or kill them and I lose my 2nd ship for nothing! 

My corp mate, Quawr, that was hearing the engagement on coms actually tells me that I was becoming altered, something he’s never seen and he flies with me a lot… I’m usually very calm and relaxed, even in the face of certain death, but losing 2 ships like this... Ye… it looks like it pissed me off.

What could I done differently? I still consider the original plan to be decent. For the Myrmidon to survive, I could have activated my MJD and worry about warping off after. It’s something I’ll need to remember next time. As for the Brutix… Not much could have been done other than avoiding to be still… BCs are easy “bumpeable” ships and will happen from time to time.

After those 2 losses I thought about logging off for the day, but it was kinda early, so I reshiped into 2 Brutix, took a deep breath and undocked. Considering Madmatt was still active, I went towards him to HED-GP again. Maybe we’d get the chance for a rematch with these guys, who knows!

Along the way, about 3 jumps out from HED-GP, I encountered  a gang of 1 Stork, 1 Hecate and 4 Svipuls. I was in “travel mode” so they were able to notice the 2 Brutix, therefore no surprise effect on my end. We might have a fight here, so I cloak up my DPS Brutix nearby and try to split them on the gate. I jump out and in a couple times, everyone targeting everyone, but no shots being fired. 

Eventually the Stork managed to teleport me 100km away from the gate. Luckily for me, only the 2 of us were teleported, so his backup was also far away. He quickly realizes his precarious position and tries to burn away, but I managed to scram and web him just in time. I consume my Improved Drop Booster and  bring Rtb in the DPS Brutix as the rest of gang is burning 100km towards me.

My primary targets are the ships scrambling me, so Hecate is the next target once the Stork dies. Then it’s time for Svipul #1 and next is Svipul #2. Pleniers is getting in deep structure, because these T3 Destroyers do hurt a lot, but because no one else is scramming him, I activate his MJD and warp off as low as 4% Structure! Madmatt actually joins the engagement in the end and helps out killing Svipul #3. After last derp against the Tengu and Talos it felt really good to achieve a solid victory…

Madmatt actually tells me the Talos pilot logged off, but the Tengu pilot was somewhat active, lurking in HED-GP with his main and in the adjacent system with his alt toon. Madmatt stayed out 2 jumps on purpose to avoid being detected by the Tengu pilot’s alt, I went HED-GP to look around. Tyr Carter, another mate of ours that logged in went to a safe spot in a Curse recon.

Not long after, the Tengu pilot’s alt, also in a Tengu, comes into HED-GP from the adjacent null sec system, warps to station at 0km and sits there undocked. We wait a couple minutes… The Tengu is just sitting there still. Madmatt warns me this pilot likes to bait people in sturdy ships, in order to bring out a Nightmare and shoot them at range.

I take a better look on the Tengu sitting on station… He has no guns nor missiles, so could it could be a link Tengu... But this pilot is not dumb. He would not leave his alt just there on station. Still expecting this to be a trap, I decided to bring in both my Brutix at same time to bump him off station. He did not docked nor reacted otherwise. Either he was AFK or simply not afraid from my dual Brutix.

After I bumped the Tengu 15 km away from station I aggressed with both my Brutix. Tengu locks me up and Scrams both my Brutix while undocking his Nightmare! AHA! It was a trap as pretty much expected, but no worries. Madmatt warps in shooting the Tengu in his Navy Brutix, I put my ECM drones onto the Nightmare and Tyr Carter in his Curse went to neut the Nightmare dry while trying to get under his guns.

Upon seeing the Curse landing, the Nightmare tries to kite away and focuses his DPS on him, giving me some breathing room. Also, upon seeing the Navy Brutix landing on his Tengu, he tries to also kite away from danger, overloading his 100mn AB and scramming my 2 Brutix. Fortunately, because he was triple webbed, he could not really move more than 1000m/s, so Madmatt managed to stay on top of the Tengu at all times, until he had no more capacitor to activate the 100mn AB, because he also had 3 medium neuts putting a huge strain on his capacitor.

The 3 Brutix are killing the Tengu just fine, but Tyr in his Curse if going to die. It’s really hard to get bellow the guns of an afterburning Nightmare as it has lots of mobility. As Tyr is spamming the “Warp” button, my ECM drones manages a jamm on the Nightmare and he’s able to warp away in his Curse with 6% structure!  Shortly after the Tengu dies, proving to be a 700mil faction fit Tengu.

After losing 2 Battlecruisers to this guy, it was good to score a payback kill. Payback kills always taste better! He was baiting me with the Tengu, but by knowing his habits, we managed to somewhat counter bait his bait, deceiving him pretty well.

Needless to say he docked his Nightmare, cursing my ECM drones for denying him the Curse kill. I felt my mission in HED-GP was done for the day and started to head home because I still had half an hour free.

 1 jump away, 3 Svipuls land on the gate with me and target. Not knowing if these guys were alone or not I jump in and out the gate a couple times to see if they have some sort of backup incoming, but it seemed that no… I eventually aggressed one of them and they all shot back. This time I did not even bothered in bringing my backup Brutix, as I was more than confident that I could kill easily all 3 of them. I asked if Madmatt wanted to join me, just because I was still chatting with him, and he showed up in time to help me kill the 3rdSvipul.

Anyway, this was a very complete roam, with some nice solo kills, some dumb losses, some frustration, some payback, some teaming up with friends and lots of mixed emotions. Welcome to EVE!

PS: Sorry you had to hear me upset Quawr XD

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário