quarta-feira, 25 de maio de 2016

So… I found some Isk in my wallet!



Just before the Citadel patch hit, I was rounding up all free isk I could gather in order to make new investments, so I sold ships, old PVP inventory, collected loot I had laying around in all sort of stations around the whole EVE Universe etc, etc… It was time to liquidate all the “crap2 lying around.

Then I looked at Pleniers wallet… More than 3 Billion Isk! WTF?!?! How did I missed that?! Usually I have less than 500 million in his wallet because he hardly spends any Isk. I bring pretty much all my supplies from Jita, and Pleniers spends most of his time in hostile Sov space where it’s impossible to dock, therefore he has little use for Isk. Occasionally I need to buy a couple drones and some nanite paste from the odd NPC station, but that’s it. 200 or 300 mil is more than enough to have in his wallet.

Initially I thought I had messed up some transfer… Maybe I had transferred 3 billion instead of 300mil. Or maybe something even better! Maybe someone had sponsored me with 3 Billion due to my blog activity! …But I had no mail giving me a heads up or anything like that, so it was doubtful… In fact, I politely declined some donations because I really don’t need it, as I tend to have several billion un-invested…

Then I decided to have a quick look at Rtb’s wallet… WOOOHOOOOO! 1 extra billion in there! ALRIGHT!! This getting better and better!

…but where the hell was the Isk coming from?! After all, this is EVE, and Isk doesn’t just happen to show up in your wallet by magic. Or does it?

Finally I did what I should have done in the first place. I checked my wallet journal:
55.097.388 ISK Insurance paid by EVE Central Bank to Pleniers covering loss of a Brutix
55.097.388 ISK Insurance paid by EVE Central Bank to Pleniers covering loss of a Brutix
55.097.388 ISK Insurance paid by EVE Central Bank to Pleniers covering loss of a Brutix
55.097.388 ISK Insurance paid by EVE Central Bank to Pleniers covering loss of a Brutix
55.097.388 ISK Insurance paid by EVE Central Bank to Pleniers covering loss of a Brutix

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh… That explains a lot… I’d completely forgotten about it! Let’s do some quick math:

From January and until the end of April I lost something like 100 Brutix… ONE HUNDRED BRUTIX!!! I must really suck at flying the damn thing, but let’s keep focused. Before undocking I always apply my “Roden Shipyards” red skin (let’s go out in style) and insure the ship with best insurance.

Each insurance costs me around 15 million and once the ship goes “puff”, 55 million are returned to my wallet. Considering I lost 100 Brutix (ONE HUNDRED BRUTIX!!!!!!!) we have
-15 mil x 100 Brutix + 55 mil x 100 Brutix = 4000 Million = 4 Billion

Of course I knew all this math before, and I knew the Brutix insurance to be a good investment, but actually seeing the Isk in my wallet puts the whole thing into another perspective! Between Pleniers and Rtb I had managed to amass a decent chunk of Isk from insurance payouts! It almost seemed worth to lose 100 Brutix (ONE HUNDRED BRUTIX!!!!!!!!).

Why was I so surprised? Reason is quite simple… My first really successful Dual Toon combination was the Vexor/Augoror. It was a ridiculous cheap combination with both ships costing something like 50mil combined. It was so cheap I never even bothered insuring my T1 cruisers. I had to pay 5 mil in order to receive something like 15 mil, netting me 10 mil on each loss… meh…

Then I upgraded my Vexor to a Gnosis. Have you EVER tried to insure a Gnosis?! You have to pay 1 Isk in order to receive 3 isk, netting a whole 2 isk per Gnosis loss… Yes, 1 isk, not even 1 million Isk! This is due to its faction status, needing 1 symbolic Tritanium to be built from those collector box BPCs, and insurance is calculated from the minerals (or even other materials, I’m not sure) needed to build a particular ship.

Long story short, my Dual Hull Brutix combination was the first time I had a decent experience with good insurance payouts, and 100 Brutix losses (ONE HUNDRED BRUTIX!!!!!) do provide a nice income. And no, this is NOT insurance fraud as all my losses are achieved in GLORIOUS BATTLE!... Or sometimes when I’m running away with my pants on fire… Both work just fine for insurance purposes.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário