quinta-feira, 31 de agosto de 2017

Engagement Report 15 – Dual Hull Brutix




Basing out from Thera I went to Oasis Region. Cobalt Edge Region, to the north seemed too active in the map, with several systems with 20+active people according to the map, but some systems a bit further to the South looked a bit quieter, worthy to take a look. I was aware that everyone around would be blue to each other (like all good carebear pockets) but with so many active people I was wondering if they’d all come chase my tail, and if they did, how long I’d have before needing to safe up.

I went to a system belonging to “Guns’n Roses” alliance. Quite fitting because my corp name is based in a song from them… These guys are my old acquainted as they tend to defend their space, but generally are somewhat inexperienced, so I’d maybe be able to snatch a kill.

As I warp to station, I see them undocking a Hyperion, Abbadon, Megathron, Drake and Tengu. As soon as I arrive, they all warp to the only gate in system. The gate was bubbled by 4 or so Large Mobile Bubbles so if I warped there directly I’d be caught by all those guys at 0km… not my idea of fun… Alternatively I warped to an anomaly nearby and warped down to the gate, coming out in the back of the gate, and pretty much in the opposite direction where the gang was waiting for me.

While I was burning back to the gate to jump out, they all aggress me! Ok, that’s very good to gather some intel. I looked into my combat log notifications and here’s what I gathered:
1 – Hyperion had Ion Blasters;
2 – Abaddon had Dual Heavy Pulse Laser;
3 – Drake had Heavy Missiles;
4 – Megathron had 350mm Railguns;
5 – Tengu had 4 ECM mods… that’s probably the 2nd ECM Tengu I ever saw in my life, but ok…

What could I do against all these guys? Split them I suppose, but even then, if those Battleships had good tanks, they’d be able to withstand my damage for 1 minute and then kill me… The only viable targets would be the Drake and maybe the ECM Tengu, as I’d hope for it to have a weaker tank than an “normal” Tengu.

 I jump back in to have an idea of the situation in there. Megathron, and Hyperion are away from the gate 40km, only the Abaddon and ECM Tengu are 0km on gate. Drake is nowhere to be seen. Burn back to gate again and see if the 2 guys on gate will follow, but no, they just aggress me as I jump out… Bummer.

Pretty much at this time I notice +3 in local in the adjacent system. Random travellers or local guys starting to cry for help? I cloak up to assess the situation and see a Machariel, Loki and Huggin belonging to “Just a game” alliance. More than that, Sister Combat Probes are out, ECM  Tengu and Vigilant “Guns’ n Roses” join the Machariel and Huggin as they warp from gate to gate like crazy mice. They’re chasing me alright…

Vigilant would make a perfect target. I’m sure I’d kill it fast, but not fast enough to avoid backup from the ECM Tengu or Machariel. The Loki was probably links and the one trying to probe me, so at this time I ruled him out from the equation. Anyway, even without needing to worry with the Loki, I decided to wait it out a bit.

Not long after they “gave up”. Guns and Roses guys went back to their system, Just a Game jumped out and the only one making me company was the Link Loki. I had seen where the Machariel and Huggin had jumped out to, so I went there to check it out. As I jump out, I confirmed what I pretty much expected. The Huggin and Machariel were waiting for me. I burn back to gate, hoping to split them, but they both aggress me as I jump out. This allowed me to gather some intel again. Both ships had long points and Machariel had a Heavy Neutralizer. Fairly standard I’d say, but that Heavy Neutralizer would be a major pain.

I cannot tarry this anymore. More backup will be coming to aid them soon, so I either try to ninja the Huggin now, with both Brutix at same time, or It’s back to Thera before I get camped.

Of course I tried to ninja the Huggin! I jump in both toons, decloak, catch the Huggin, spit out ECM drones and overload guns! The ECM drones went into the Machariel and I was able to jamm him at least once. Unfortunately his Heavy Neutralizer was proving to be harder to deal with and I eventually get capped out in my Tank Brutix, unable to cycle guns and unable to activate MJD.

A Garmur comes in and joins the fray. I realize I’m going to lose Pleniers in my Tank Brutix… Even if ECM drones jamm the Machariel and if I kill the Huggin, I’ll still pointed by the Garmur, so it’s game over for him. As I realize this, local spikes by +25 from my gate! Crap…

I immediately activate my MJD in my DPS Brutix, in order to warp off and save one of my ships at least, but I get instantly Scrammed, Webbed, Damped, Painted etc etc… Just pretty much NOT Jammed. My only option it to keep overloading guns and bring that Huggin down with me!! I can’t believe I’m about to lose 2 Brutix for nothing… Hate when that happens!!

Fate decided to throw me a bone and the Huggin dies 2 seconds before I lose the 2nd Brutix! At least I’m entitled to a compensation prize. As it turns out, the Machariel and Huggin were blue to that new 25 man Fleet, but were separate groups. If that gang had not jumped in I would have managed to kill the Huggin and MJD away from the Machariel, losing only 1 Brutix…

Once again, being the underdog in the capacitor warfare got my Tank Brutix killed
Before I logged off I got convo’d by the FC of the 25 man gang. They were surprised on how fast the Huggin had died and were asking me why the Huggin had died so fast... That’s a weird question on my book, but I think people fail to realize the pain 2 Brutix can inflict within the optimal range of their blasters.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário