segunda-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2016

Engagement Report 3 – Dual Hull Brutix



While roaming around in my Dual Hull Brutix, I jumped into a gang of 9 Thrashers and 1 Hecate. That’s usually the sort of fight that either I lose or I lose. Some of you are probably puzzled right now… how can I say that? After all, I got 2 Brutix (even though 1 is going to arrive late, I always use 1 as scout and another as backup), so puny T1 Destroyers won’t be able to hold long.

Even though I can make lots of DPS, so can they. T1 destroyers hurt if used en masse! The only way I can win this is by breaking their morale. I’ll have to inflict losses in their gang fast enough for them to warp off. If I fail the “morale” fight they’ll be able to kill one of my Brutix. Then again there’s another problem… T1 destroyers are disposable razor blades. You cut someone with it, have a laugh and then throw it away. In this scenario, their morale is not going down the drain just because I killed a couple of them. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DIE ANYWAY!

I have another element going against me… I’m hull tanked. Being hull tanked is a great to bait a less experienced or un-attentive foe. Once people see the Brutix going into structure they cry on coms “Guys keep on him, he’s melting!! He’s in structure, keep on, keep on, don’t warp off, he’s almost dead!” Being Hull Tanked is great to lead a foe to commit while my backup is in warp, but in this particular case, where I want to kill a couple ships and force the rest to warp off, it plays against me.

Facing a high probability of losing one Brutix in this fight, I could try to cloak and burn back to gate. Using a MJD would not be effective for sure, those guys could close on me and scram me in less than 10 seconds. Anyway, I had roamed for a long time with no fights, so I decided to try take it.

I locked them all up, spitted out my hobgoblins, consumed my Drop Booster Drugs and made sure I had faction Antimatter loaded for better tracking. My medium neut went straight to the Hecate. He would probably have some sort of cap injection, but was more worth than using it on the Thrashers. As for primary targets, I went for the Thrashers instead of the Hecate. I needed to take DPS off the field FAST, and the Hecate would surely tank me for a bit longer.

As the fight goes on, my second Brutix joins the fray. Using a second ship made thigs a lot more confusing… I was unable to focus fire, my drones would engage random stuff once their initial target got killed and it did not really helped all that much to kill thrashers at a faster pace. Another hope I had, was that they’d warp off once they saw the second Brutix on grid, but they did not valued their own ships, and nothing would stop them from getting a kill…

After killing 5 or 6 Thrashers, Pleniers dies… I still tried to grab the Hecate at this point. With few members left in their gang, my second Brutix was not really in any danger, so I tried to primary their most expensive ship. Unfortunately I was not fast enough and he warps off, as well as the rest of their gang.

And so it was… The fight happened as initially projected, but I must confess it was cool to see someone use T1 expendable destroyers instead of T3 Destroyers and Command Destroyers with Logistic T2 frigs. They undoubtedly won the match because they managed to achieve their objective (killing a larger foe) while not caring about staying alive in their expendable razor blades! Can’t win them all I guess...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário